A Review of MyProtein
A month or two ago I was asked to sample some products from MyProtein. MyProtein is a supplement company that offers a wide variety of health and fitness products. Over the past month I was able to work in two of their products into my supplement regimen and here is what I thought!
The first supplement I sampled was their pre-workout called MyPre, lemon-lime flavored. Below is a list of what I liked and disliked.
- Size and amount of servings (30 servings)
- Some natural flavor
- No jittery sensations, itch, or tingling
- Provides long lasting energy for exercise
- Some artificial flavor
- I was not a huge fan of the lemon-lime flavor OR color. It tasted and looked very artificial which for me made it difficult to consume.
The other supplement I sampled from MyProtein was their impact whey isolate, rocky road flavored. I am a huge fan of whey isolate proteins. Not only are they low in calories, sugars, and carbs but they are easy on the stomach! For me, this is something I suffer with when consuming regular whey protein. Below is a list of what I liked and disliked.
- Whey isolate protein makes it easier to digest with no bloating or gassiness.
- The flavor tasted artificial, but was good overall.
- Great solubility
- Tasted the best when blended with ice cold water.
- Low in calories, sugars, and carbohydrates.
- Affordable price
- I am not a huge fan of 100% artificially flavoring supplements. I like to see some natural ingredients and flavors.
Overall I enjoyed the protein more than the pre-workout. I am extremely picky when it comes to pre-workout supplements especially with the taste or flavor, solubility, color, and the effect it has on the body. I don’t like consuming a supplement filled with artificial ingredients. I like to see that a product I am consuming has some natural ingredients.